Reviewer: Taco restaurant's 'lengua' taco 'full of flavor' | Restaurants
EatDrinkMadison.com reviews Taqueria El Jalapeno
I was disappointed to see La Guanajuatence on Midvale Boulevard close, what with its salsa bar and delicious tacos. But just in a matter of weeks, Taqueria El Jalapeno came in to fill the void, and it's doing a serviceable--but not knock-your-socks-off–job.
First, you can’t believe how fast the service is. Every meal I've ordered there has taken about five minutes to be served to me. You don’t get much chance to eat the one free order of chips and salsa (as noted on the menu), but maybe that’s a good thing, as these aren’t the freshly fried tortilla chips you come to expect at taquerias.
Read more about the menu like the tamales and lengua taco at www.eatdrinkmadison.com.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday