Two more armed robberies in campus neighborhood | News
Madison police are investigating two more armed robberies near the UW campus early Wednesday morning.
They also are looking into the possibility that one of the two might be connected to three other robberies that happened in the same area Monday night.
Madison police said the first one happened just before 1 a.m. on Brooks Street, in the same neighborhood where three strong-armed robberies happened late Monday.
In all four cases, the men involved in the robberies stole electronic equipment from the victims. In every case but the robbery inside the apartment on Gilman, men were seen getting out of a late model sedan before robbing people walking down the street.
Wednesday's second armed robbery happened around 2 a.m. at an apartment on West Gilman Street.
People who know anything about these incidents are asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker