Shoplifter tried to disguise merchandise as groceries, police say | News
A woman tried to steal more than $1,500 in merchandise from a store by hiding it in grocery bags on Friday, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Laurie S. Blanchard, 54, of Blue River, brought a cart from a grocery store into Macy at Hilldale Mall and loaded grocery bags with stolen jewelry, purses and other items. A security guard spotted Blanchard and stopped her after she passed the checkouts.
Blanchard was arrested on suspicion of retail theft.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday