New president named to lead Edgewood College | News
A 16-year employee of Edgewood College will take the position of president, according to a release from the campus.
Dr. Scott Flanagan most recently served as the college?s executive vice president. He will replace Dr. Dan Carey, who is expected to retire in August.
The Board of Trustees said the search for the new president was nationwide.
"I am deeply grateful for the faith that the board and this community have placed in me to lead Edgewood College," Flanagan said. "We can take great pride in the institution that we've become, and our best days remain before us."
Carey endorsed Flanagan's selection and said Flanagan is ready to hit the ground running.
Flanagan has served as dean of admissions and financial aid, vice president for planning and enrollment and interim chief financial officer at Edgewood. He has also taught a doctoral course in higher education finance.
He serves on the board of the Urban League of Greater Madison and has also served on the Oregon School Board and a board that works on improving financial aid in Wisconsin.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase