Police: Materials, documents to make explosive found at apartment | News
Police said a Wauwatosa man is in custody after officers found materials to make an explosive device at a Madison residence.
The Madison Police Department said it received a report of suspicious material in an apartment on the 10 block of North Brooks Street at 2:02 p.m. Saturday.
Officers found items and documents indicating the manufacturing of an explosive device.
Police arrested 20-year-old Andrew T. Cockerham on suspicion of possession of an explosive device.
Police seized the explosive manufacturing materials and stabilized them, according to the report.
Madison police said there is no ongoing threat to the community and the investigation continues.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase