Former state superintendent a finalist for Edgewood College job | News
Former Wisconsin state superintendent Elizabeth Burmaster is one of three finalists to serve as president of Edgewood College in Madison.
Burmaster currently serves as president of Nicolet College in Rhinelander. She took that position in 2009 after serving eight years as head of the state Department of Public Instruction.
The other two finalists for the Edgewood job are Scott Flanagan and Robert Pastoor.
Flanagan is executive vice president at Edgewood currently where he oversees admissions, athletics, financial aid, marketing and communication. He has worked at Edgewood for 13 years.
Pastoor is vice president for student life at Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio. He has been there since 2010.
Edgewood is a private Catholic college with about 3,000 students.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday