Plans announced for old Stadium Bar location | News
A Milwaukee-based company announced Tuesday they will collaborate with a Chicago-based firm to develop and construct a new student housing development on the former location of the Stadium Bar.
The Opus Group along with Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, a Chicago-based real estate investment management firm, will build Varsity Quarters, a new student housing development adjacent to the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, according to a release.
The housing development will be built at the former site of the Stadium Bar at 1423 Monroe St., according to the release. The six-story private student housing development will include numerous amenities for tenants, including in-unit washers and dryers, parking for cars, bikes and mopeds, a fitness room, study rooms and a social/club room.
Officials said the development will include approximately 7,500 square feet of ground-floor retail space.
Groundbreaking is scheduled for this month and the building will be open for the 2014 school year.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled