Officer struck in hand by bullet while cleaning gun | News
A Shorewood Hills police officer had a bullet go through his hand while he was cleaning an off-duty gun at the police department Thursday night.
Shorewood Hills Police Chief Dennis Pine says the gun accidentially came out of the hand of Sgt. Cory Denzer. The bullet went through his hand and into a cabinet.
Denzer was taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital, was treated and released. He might need surgery in the future.
Pine said Denzer didn?t realize there was a bullet in the chamber. He said no disciplinary action is expected.
Denzer has been with Shorewood Hills police for 15 years.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday