Officials seek leashed dog suspected of biting jogger | Health
Public health officials are looking for a dog they said bit a jogger on Madison's west side Tuesday.
The Department of Public Health said a woman was running near the 4000 block of Paunack Avenue when a leashed dog bit her.
The dog was a chocolate colored Cocker Spaniel on a "flexi leash" and it was accompanied by a blonde woman in her 30s who is possibly pregnant, according to a news release.
Anyone with information on the dog bite is asked to call Dane County dispatch at 255-2345 and ask for the animal services officer.
According to the Department of Public Health, if the dog is not located the victim may have to complete a series of painful and costly injections to prevent rabies.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday