Firefighters to perform live training on S. Mills, Mound streets | Events
Firefighters will be training on South Mills and Mound streets in Madison Thursday.
The City of Madison Fire Department said crews will be participating in live training in four houses donated by the Gallina Corp.
The homes are on the 100 block of South Mills Street and the 1000 block of Mound Street, the department said. Firefighters will practice a variety of skills including advancing hose lines, breaching walls, cutting holes in roofs as well as search and rescue.
Fire department's spokeswoman Bernadette Galvez said firefighters will be challenged to perform duties in the elements during the exercise.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 04/26/2014 - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening - Sherwin Williams
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants