3 charged with child abuse in suspected gang-related attack | Crime
Police said three Madison teens were charged with child abuse after a suspected gang-related attack on Madison's west side Wednesday.
Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain said a 15-year-old was walking on Raymond Road at about 4:19 p.m. when three people jumped out of a black SUV and attacked the teen. The teen, of Madison, was punched, knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly before the three assailants fled in the SUV.
A passerby witnessed the assault and provided police with suspect and vehicle descriptions, according to the report. Officers, who were a couple blocks from the scene of the attack, spotted the SUV and stopped the driver.
Moises A. Teos, 18, Juan S. Perez, 17 and Juan I. Castillo, 19, were arrested on suspicion of child abuse, police said.
"The preliminary investigation indicates this was likely gang-related violence," DeSpain said.
The 15-year-old was taken to the hospital but was not seriously injured, according to the report.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase