Pedestrian injured in crash charged with 'sudden movement' | Crime
A 15-year-old boy was cited on suspicion of sudden pedestrian movement after he was struck by a car Wednesday afternoon near West Towne Mall, police said.
The Madison Police Department said the teen was with a group of young people crossing Mineral Point Road at 12:37 p.m. The group had crossed the eastbound lanes of Mineral Point, heading away from West Towne Mall, and were on the median about to cross the westbound lanes.
The report said westbound traffic had a green light and the 15-year-old darted out in front of a car. The 69-year-old Cross Plains woman driving the car didn't have time to stop and hit the teen.
The 15-year-old was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said. He was cited on suspicion of sudden pedestrian movement.
The woman driving the car that struck the boy was not cited, police said.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase