Police looking for dog that bit woman on near west side | Crime
The Department of Public Health is looking for information regarding a dog that bit a woman Monday morning on Madison’s near west side, according to a release.
Officials said the incident happened around 8 a.m. near the 1700 block of Van Hise Avenue.
The dog was being walked by a white female with brown hair, according to the release. The dog is described as large and brown.
Officials ask anyone with information regarding the incident to call dispatch at 255-2345 and ask for the animal services officer.
According to the release, if the animal is not located the woman may be required to complete a series of painful and costly injections to prevent rabies.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday