Madison woman says she was sexually assaulted | Crime
A Madison woman whose cellphone was found by a passerby told officials she was sexually assaulted Friday, according to a release.
Officials say a passerby contacted the Madison Police Department Saturday morning after finding a cellphone and some other items near the corner of Drake and Orchard streets.
Officers were returning the property to the 22-year-old woman, who lives in the neighborhood, when she told them she had been sexually assaulted by a stranger, according to the release.
The woman told officials she had been out with friends Friday night and was on her way home when she was sexually assaulted by a stranger, according to the release.
Officials say it is not clear where or what time the incident took place but that the woman did remember being assaulted in a grassy area.
The woman believes one or two other men may have been with the man who assaulted her, according to the release.
Police are still investigating the incident.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker