Homecoming tradition sends students into community | Community Spirit
Edgewood High School students took time off Wednesday to give back to the community as part of the high school's homecoming tradition.
Students arrive at school and then are split up in teams to go and help at 40 different sites around Madison. They said it feels great to give back to the community.
"It's a really good feeling to know you're helping. The people tell you how grateful they really are, that they feel blessed for it. That's an overwhelmingly nice feeling for you to know that you're actually helping these people out here," said Lizzie Harth, Edgewood High School student.
Some of the students worked at the Sunny Hill Nursing Home and the Queen of Peace Elementary School.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Family Insurance having success being green
- Sherwin Williams opens Middleton location
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker