Dietitians stage 'smart mob' with health message | Business
Hospital employees dance through Metcalfe's Wed.
A local grocery store served a side of entertainment Wednesday afternoon.
At 2 p.m., shoppers at the Hilldale Metcalfe's Sentry Foods watched a variation on a smart mob in which St. Mary's dietitians and supporters danced throughout the store to celebrate Registered Dietitian Day (March 13) and National Nutrition Month, an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics campaign that takes place annually in March.
A spokesman for St. Mary's said bystanders watched as more than 30 people including dieticians, St. Mary's employees, their kids and the St. Mary's heart mascot danced through the store to an original song.
The special tune, "5 a day," was written and recorded by hospital employees to share the health message of eating five portions of fruits and vegetables daily.
St. Mary's said it plans to have a video of the "fresh mob" on Facebook later Wednesday.
"Flash mobs" or "smart mobs" gather people to a public place for a surprise collective action, such as dancing or singing. The hospital explained the "fresh mob" as a "flash mob with a healthy message and dancing dietitians."
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 04/26/2014 - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening - Sherwin Williams
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants