Org: Bus advertising policies questionable | Business
MABA says cost-benefit analysis not only consideration in advertising wraps
The Madison Area Bus Advocates, a non-profit group comprised of citizens who describe themselves as “pro-bus,” said when it comes to advertising policies, Metro Transit sometimes forgoes consideration of citizens' "[o]bjections, including ones having to do with respect, safety, accessibility, dignity, and justice, [are] dismissed hastily in pursuit of the almighty dollar."
The president and a board member of the advocacy organization -- Susan De Vos and Laurie Wermter -- write that the Metro's ad policy "needs to be redone."
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase