Best-selling Middleton author to hold book event Tuesday | Arts & Culture
Jennifer Chiaverini will introduce new book on Lincoln's wife's seamstress
New York Times bestselling author and Middleton resident Jennifer Chiaverini will speak at a west side book store Tuesday evening celebrating her new historical novel.
The free event begins at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 7433 Mineral Point Road in Madison.
Chiaverini will introduce her new book, “Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker,” which discusses the Civil War-era friendship between Mary Todd Lincoln -- Abraham Lincoln’s wife -- and her seamstress, Elizabeth Keckley.
A Barnes & Noble employee recommended attendees arrive around 6:45 p.m. to get a seat, as Chiaverini usually draws a sizeable crowd.
Attendees can also bring books for Chiaverini to sign or purchase books at the store to be signed after the presentation.
The author also has the first chapter of the new book available through her website for preview.
Chiaverini is best known for her series of novels called the Elm Creek Quilts series.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday