Library to feature Wonder Woman documentary | Arts & Culture
The library will offer a free showing of a documentary on a popular female superhero this weekend.
The Fitchburg Library said the film, "Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines," will be shown Sunday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the second-floor meeting room.
The film goes behind the scenes and discusses Wonder Woman with comic writers, artists and well-known feminists like Gloria Steinem.
The film follows the evolution of Wonder Woman. It looks at popular representations of powerful women and includes the birth of the comic book superheroine in the 1940s to the blockbusters of today, according to the website.
The documentary will be presented by Wisconsin Public Television.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled