Library to feature Wonder Woman documentary | Arts & Culture
The library will offer a free showing of a documentary on a popular female superhero this weekend.
The Fitchburg Library said the film, "Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines," will be shown Sunday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the second-floor meeting room.
The film goes behind the scenes and discusses Wonder Woman with comic writers, artists and well-known feminists like Gloria Steinem.
The film follows the evolution of Wonder Woman. It looks at popular representations of powerful women and includes the birth of the comic book superheroine in the 1940s to the blockbusters of today, according to the website.
The documentary will be presented by Wisconsin Public Television.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday